Step 1: Call Your Member of Congress' Office in Washington, D.C.
- Choose the member of Congress you wish to contact below.
- Ask to speak to the scheduler and let them know you are interested in telling district staff about the great work of your treatment court (you may be referred to the district scheduler if the member has one).
- Ask for the scheduler's email address.
Step 2: Send a follow-up email
- Follow up with an email to the scheduler with all the details you shared on the call.
Step 3: Notify NADCP
- Contact Tonya Voelker, NADCP director of legislative affairs at 571-384-1863 or email@example.com. NADCP can provide you with additional information for your meeting.
Step 4: Reconfirm the meeting via email two or three days before
Step 5: Attend the meeting and send a personal thank you letter